Thanks for Joining us for our 3rd Annual Barn Quilt Festival
Check out our Festival Photos Courtesy of Bob Carney Photography!
Friday, September 21 at Bittinger Fire Hall:
Saturday, September 22 at Garrett County Fairgrounds:
Admission fee: $5.00 for adults; kids 12 & under got in free!
- Special Thanks to Marcia & Gary Bell from Thurmont, MD, the winners of our Barn Quilt Tour Contest! They donated the Friendship Star Barn Quilt to be displayed at the Garrett County Fairgrounds! It’s in memory of Gary’s mother Carolyn Bell, a seamstress, and Marcia’s father Austin E (Eugene) Kemp, a farmer. The Barn Quilt Tour Contest (Folks visited Our Barn Quilts in the morning with a chance to win their very own, 4’x4′ Friendship Star Quilt Square for their garage, barn, or house!)
- Heirloom Quilt Show featuring local family quilts (Thanks to the Delectable Mountains Quilt Guild in Morgan County, WV for the use of their quilt display racks!) Learn More about the beautiful quilts and their history in the Heirloom Quilt Show Guide
- Treadle Sewing Machines
- Wool Felting
- Butter Churning
- Corn Shelling
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides
- “Then & Now” Sewing Machines: display & demonstrations – see old treadle machines as well as the latest electronic technology for quilting and sewing!
- Appalachian Olympics
- Unveiling of the first Barn Quilt at the Fairgrounds (11:30 am)
- Antique & Unique Farm Item Display (with a “Guess that Farm Item” area!)
- Great food from:
- Hand-Quilted Wall Hanging Raffle (It is stunning! Quilted and donated by Marilyn Carter – thank you so much!) Won by Connie Yingling, one of our volunteers and the sponsor of Block #2, Ohio Star!
- Bob Carney photography was the official photographer of the Barn Quilt Festival, and had photographs available for sale
- Live Entertainment
- Broken Glass & Rusty Hinges
- Frost Mountain Revival
- And More!